Beauty schools are formal institutions that train students in the field of cosmetology, a concept that refers to the study of beauty treatments in different areas, from hairstyling and electrology to skin care and manicure. For decades, Oriskany NY beauty schools have struggled to teach students the basics of beauty, and how they can get a license to practice in this industry. .
As you may know already, every single state in the US including New York requires beauty professionals to have some form of qualification in the field where they operate, usually a license should be enough – in some cases, an apprenticeship may be enough for beauty specialists to be able to work in this industry, and at the end of the training they have to pass a written exam coupled with a practical exam, to demonstrate their abilities in cosmetology.
New York Beauty Schools
Get hands-on training with Ridley-Lowell Business & Technical Institute. Our campuses in New York and Connecticut can help give you career training in a wide variety of fields, including accounting, cosmetology, criminal justice, electrical systems technology, HVAC, IT, legal assisting, massage therapy, allied health, office administration, and more.
- Cosmetology - Day
- Cosmetology - Eve
- Esthetics - Day
- And more...
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Small Business Data Analytics
- Master of Business Administration - Small Business Information Technology
Most Popular And Most Wanted New York Beauty Specialties
Beauty schools offer specialized training programs in a wide array of different areas, especially hairstyling – to put it simple, the hairstylist is the beauty professional who cuts and styles hair, but it often happens that hairstyling services include coloring, straightening or hair extensions as well. It is the duty of the hairstylist to improve the look of the client, but in order to work in a beauty salon the specialist must be accredited by the ABCH.
Another very popular profession is the job of esthetician, and this is basically the specialist who takes care of the skin, making it look healthy and beautiful. However, it must be said that the duties of the esthetician do not limit to facial treatments, as these professionals often perform massages, body treatments, consultations and hair removal services as well. Make up artists in Oriskany NY are very well-paid nowadays, and they usually specialize in a certain area, such as fashion make up for instance.
Specializing in Cosmetology
There are a number of specialties that are offered by cosmetology schools. According to your own personal interests you can major in any of the specialized areas below:
- Aesthetics – Esthetics – Skin Care
- Cosmetic Laser Technology
- Cosmetology Teacher Training
- Hair Styling
- Nail Technology – Manicuring
- Salon Management
In conclusions, beauty schools also offer training for nail technicians who want to learn how to perform manicures and pedicures as well as how to apply artificial nails.